HOW TO SAVE THE FOREST
Use less paper and card. Using less paper means less trees being cut down for paper uses. Try using tree free paper if it is available. It should specify on the package. When going on a picnic, bring napkins that are made out of tree free paper. If you must bring regular, grab only one at a time, not a handful. Also remember to reuse and recycle glass and plastic bottles or items whenever you can.
- Eat less red meat. For every quarter pound hamburger that is found in fast food restaurants, 55 square ft of Rain Forest is destroyed. That’s about the size of a small kitchen! The rain forest land gets turned into grazing pasture for cows. These cows are butchered and are made into meat products. When ordering food from a menu, help your family choose healthy and vegetarian based items instead of meat.
- Research an animal or plant to learn more about it and why its becoming endangered. Then do your part to help it in any way you can.
- Encourage a friend or family member to organize a lemonade stand, bake sale, or a talent show to help raise money for a funding organization.
- Write a letter to your local zoo to find out if they have any suggestions or ideas for you to help save the rain forest plants and animals.
- Don`t make fire in the forest.It`s dangerous.
- Don`t hunt in the forest.
- Donate money to rain forest protection service.